- Download the attached Disaster Service Worker (DSW) form dated 8.2016
- A photo is not required
- Do not put anything in the box to the right of the photo
- Do not put your Social Security Number (SSN) anywhere on the form
- Only complete the fields highlighted in grey underneath the photo box
- List the following in the comments section
- CAPID (e.g. 594385)
- Squadron/Unit charter (e.g. PCR-CA-110)
- Your Group number (e.g. Group 2)
- Minors are required to have the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent section completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Have your form notarized (either by a Notary Public or a Judicial Officer)
- California Wing is not authorized to do “self-certification”
- Contrary to what the most recent published instructions may state, your Notary Public can attach either a CALIFORNIA JURAT WITH AFFIANT STATEMENT or CALIFORNIA ACKNOWLEDGEMENT as long as their notary stamp is included
- There is a contradiction in California law regarding whether Notary Publics can charge for their services relating to the DSW forms
- California Wing does have members who are Notary Publics and are willing to notarize DSW forms free of charge
- Several credit unions and banks offer members free notary services as well
- Understand how the Notary Public process works
- Make a copy of all your documents for your records
- Mail your original notarized form and any original attachment(s) to:
Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
Law Enforcement Branch
Attn: Sunday Ippolito
3650 Schriever Avenue
Mather, CA 95655
Once CalOES has processed your DSW form, a signed copy will be sent to California Wing to be added to our electronic records. An additional copy will be sent to you for your records. It is your responsibility to maintain a copy of your DSW paperwork in the event you need to exercise any of the benefits afforded to DSWs.
Your DSW status will be listed on your Member Information Card in the Pacific Region Mobile App (PRMA). PRMA can be found at https://mobile-tools.pcrcap.org/. Use the “My Info” module to view your Member Information Card.
For safekeeping, it is recommended that you upload a copy of your processed DSW form to eServices.
Your DSW never expires for the duration of your membership with Civil Air Patrol.